185 mm is the ultimate portable size refractor and a step-up in aperture compared to its smaller brother, the 160 mm.
For imaging use, the F/6.8 unit paired with our Field Corrector for Medium Format will correct an image circle of 55 mm diameter, allowing use of big chip cameras for capturing wide field deep sky images.
The longer version is addressed to those who want to enjoy visually the best images of Moon, planets and deep-sky objects. It shares the same platform/focal length, with our 200mm f8 refractor thus it should be considered mainly as an observatory instrument.
Core glass used – FPL55;
Clear aperture – 185 mm;
Focal length – 1260 mm; Focal ratio – 6.8;
Focal length – 1610 mm; Focal ratio – 8.7 – Super Planetary Series.
Minimum Length – from 1160 mm (fully retracted dew shield)*;
Maximum Length – up to 1800 mm (fully extended dew shield)*;
Back-focus – 220 mm;
Tube diameter – 185 mm;
Dew shield diameter – 217 mm;
Weight – 18 kg, including rings.
F/6.8 = 16 911 Euro, includes VAT 23%. Net export price – 13 749 Euro (non EU countries)
3.5” Starlight focuser, 114 mm travel, dual-speed – standard version
Accessories included in the price: CNC rings, flight case, 350mm lightweight D-type dovetail, handle.
- prices of USA imported focusers are subject to change depending on EUR/USD exchange rate
- prices of OTAs are subject to change without notice
- Field Corrector = 650 Euro, includes VAT 23%. Net export price – 528 Euro (non EU countries); Corrected Field = 55 mm;
- Dovetail, Losmandy Type, 400 mm, lightweight type = 160 Euro, including VAT 23%; Net price = 130 Euro;
- Handle, 350 mm, paired with Dovetail = 90 Euro, including VAT 23%; Net price = 73 Euro.
* Minimum and Maximum Length values are dependent on focal ratio and back-focus value chosen;
* Weight may vary from version to version, depending on back-focus, focuser type;
Number of units manufactured/ordered: 20
Units still available for ordering: none – current batch is sold out
Average lead time: please inquire
No new batches are scheduled for now. Pricing will change once a new batch will enter production.