160 mm is the ‘entry aperture’ into the ‘big refractor’ world.
We deliver it in two packages, one aimed for both visual and imaging work, with 1050 mm focal length, while the 1260 mm focal length should be used for pure visual enjoyment of planets and deep sky objects.
Oil-spaced lens design starts to show its advantages in these big sizes, helping the triplet lens to quickly reach ambient temperatures.
Core glass used – FPL55;
Clear aperture – 160 mm;
Focal length – 1050 mm; Focal ratio – 6.5;
Focal length – 1260 mm; Focal ratio – 8 – Super Planetary Series*.
Minimum Length – from 930 mm (fully retracted dew shield)*;
Maximum Length – up to 1280 mm (fully extended dew shield)*;
Back-focus – 180 mm;
Tube diameter – 165 mm;
Dewshield diameter – 185 mm;
Weight – 12.5 kg, including rings*.
F/6.5 = 10 990 Euro, includes VAT 23%. Net export price – 8935 Euro (non EU countries)
3.5” Starlight focuser, 114 mm travel, dual-speed – standard version;
F/8 = 10 990 Euro, includes VAT 23%. Net export price – 8935 Euro (non EU countries)
3.2” Starlight focuser, 89 mm travel, dual-speed – special order;
Accessories included in the price: CNC rings, flight case.
- prices of USA imported focusers are subject to change depending on EUR/USD exchange rate
- prices of OTAs are subject to change without notice
- Field Corrector = 650 Euro, includes VAT 23%. Net export price – 528 Euro (non EU countries); Corrected Field = 55 mm;
- Dovetail, Losmandy Type, 350 mm, lightweight = 140 Euro, including VAT 23%; Net price = 114 Euro;
- Handle, 300 mm length = 85 Euro, including VAT 23%; Net price = 69 Euro.
* Minimum and Maximum Length values are dependent on focal ratio and back-focus value chosen;
* Weight may vary from version to version, depending on back-focus, focuser type.
Number of units manufactured/ordered: 41
Number of F/6.5 units manufactured/ordered: 37
Number of F/8 units manufactured/ordered: 4
Units still available for ordering: 11
Average lead time: 3 – 5 months